Interior Design Services
Why hire a Red Door Interior Designer? From a new home to an empty nest, our interior design team is here to help you love where you live.
Your space should not only look amazing, but it should be a reflection of your personality and style, and you want it to function with how you live your life. A designer, can save you time and costly mistakes by helping you make the right choices the first time.
The principles and elements of Interior Design ensure rooms in a home feel welcoming and stylish too if that's a priority! Harmony and scale for a room are key elements that are often missing from a room. From an untrained eye, you may look at a room and know something isn't quit right, yet not understand why. This is where a designer's input is so helpful. Their training can bring a room together with a beautiful flow and gorgeous layers to keep the space interesting and functional.
Our team of highly experienced, talented, and collaborative Interior Designers are professionally accredited and to ready to discuss your needs which may include:
- In-home consultation for new or existing furniture placement, space planning, paint colours, lighting, accessories, finishes, window coverings, and more. Our design team can work with any budget. Just let us know.
- Enhance what you already have! Refresh your existing pieces through different placement or find new uses you never considered.
- Re-upholstery is always a great option for those pieces you love, but the fabric or foam needs replacing. We can help you choose fabric and manage the re-upholstery process.
- If you're considering a renovation, we can provide interior design services, but if you have a bigger project that needs a quote, Red Door Design & Renovations can general manage the project, provide interior design services, any one of our team members will be happy to come out and provide you a quote. Or, if your project is bigger, we also We provide CAD drawings, project management, and more. Red Door Renovations & Design can help you deliver from start to finish.
The hourly rate to work with our Interior Designers is $125/hour. There are no time minimums to enjoy big savings:
- Save 20% when you spend up to $7500
- Save 25% when you spend over $7500
- Save $30% when you spend over $10,000
Excludes items already on sale, window coverings, fabric, wallpaper and original art.
Connect with us to discuss how we can help. 587-352-6322 or email: [email protected]
Meet Lynn Cumiskey, R.I. o D
I grew up in beautiful Ireland. I was fascinated by interior design, architecture and art from a very early age. Being surrounded by so much historical architecture and design in Europe it inspired me to become an Interior Designer. After graduating with an International Diploma in Interior Design, I have over 16 years experience working in this field. I moved with my young family to Canada 5 years ago and fell in love with this country and became a Canadian citizen.
Where do you find design inspiration?
Travel. When I travel to different countries, I go sightseeing as much as I can! I find unexpected inspiration everywhere - in the simplest of places; a pattern on a tile, shapes within the architecture (old or new), or colours from the landscape.
Your favourite design advice?
There are so many tips and advice designers can give, but two elements that are very important are scale and proportion. It is vital to incorporate the proper sized furniture pieces into your rooms so that the functionality and flow of the space are right.
How would describe your design style?
Transitional. I enjoy taking inspiration from both contemporary and traditional styles in furniture, fabrics, and finishes to create beautiful, timeless interiors. I believe this style is unlimited and helps to incorporate each individual's personality within their space.
What's your favourite item at Red Door Home Living?
The Cyrano coffee table is a piece I have in my own home. Simple and functional in design, yet an eye-catching showpiece in the centre of any living space. It's the round shape and interesting variations of wood grain allows it to blend in beautifully with a variety of different styles.
Weekend time finds you where?
Spending quality time with my family and friends doing fun outdoor activities. I also love visiting Art Galleries - I could spend all day surrounded in artwork.